Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring in the Air








If I were a normal person, I would have slept in this morning and woke up to snow. But since I'm not, I got up early, fed the animals and then enjoyed the snow...I love winter, but as I'm getting older, I find I like spring almost as much. Spring for me is a time to get ready for the growing season. I love gardening! About three weeks ago, I planted a few greens. Chamomile, lavender, cilantro, tomatoes, and catnip. Later on today I'll plant my peppers, carrots, basil, and parsley.




The other day when I was doing some quick shopping with my hubby. I needed a few more things to get started on the garden. And I am one of those people that just love the garden centers where ever we go. Well, I couldn't help but fall in love with all the new succulents. Of course I had to have a new one. It's a cute little guy called a burrito of all things! There are five in one. I re potted it in a little terra-cotta pot I found at a thrift store. But I'm thinking about making it one a bit bigger and more colorful. It's so cute! It's pretty chilly out in the breezeway, so I decided to keep the little guys in the bathtub. We have a skylight in the bathroom which makes it a perfect place until they're ready to go outside.




Here's a pic of the little burritos and the clover starter that my buddy Jen gave me for St. Patty's Day.



Last but not least, I wanted to share a pic or two of my Zenia's. Last summer, my mom gave me a little gift. It was a little flower pot with seeds and a ribbon tied around it. Well, I planted them. For the longest time it was just one tall green stem. It just kept growing and growing. Finally it had a bud on it, eventually, a beautiful pink flower. Well, since then it has split and there are two more flowers on this one stem. This little flower (my bean stock as my husband calls it) is about 2 and 1/2 feet tall! I have it in a small planter and am afraid to transplant it for fear I'll kill it somehow.

No comments: