Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Gratitude + Love

Sunday Stroll

A couple months ago when we were in Oahu, we came across a lot of chickens running about in the oddest places and I couldn't help myself when I came upon this mother hen and her chicks. I took several shots, but to me, this one says it all. Be brave. Go out and do whatever it is your heart desires. Explore the world. Travel. Meet new people. Try new experiences. Follow your heart and dreams.

It's that time of year where kids are graduating from high school and summer is about to begin. And for me, it's a time of reflection...When I was 19, I ventured out of my very sheltered life and experienced the real world. I remember having no fear other than how am I going to get from here to there. As I've aged, I take less chances, travel less and just do what needs to be done. Well, for some reason, this year has been nothing like that at all. I seem to have awakened from hibernation and am alive and breathing once more. And I can't tell you how amazing it feels! I count my blessings and thank God everyday for the gift of life I've been given and I say this with sincerity.

I may not be blogging as much as I'd like to, making enough pots or paintings, but know this:

I am LOVING life and so very very grateful to our Father up above and to those who have put their lives on the line for all of us here in the US of A.

Have a blessed and safe Memorial Day weekend my friends!

~Stephanie


No comments: