Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

White Grass



It's been quite awhile since I've created a painting that I really like. My newest piece, White Grass, is one of my new favorites. I was inspired by my friend Elayna and her gorgeous hand painted silks. To me this painting reflects the coming of spring, new beginnings, and peacefullness.



Yesterday my sweet hubby made me a frame for the painting. He's pretty new to woodworking, but is really enjoying it. So I thought I'd spring a new project on him. When I returned from church last night, he already had it hanging in the living room! It looks so good. Thanks sweetie! xoxo


...I found out this weekend that I need to renew my membership to BoundlessGallery. So, I'll be doing that today. =) I also want to continue with this grass series. The next one is going to be smaller, but hopefully have some key similarities.

1 comment:

Elayna said...

I think I'm going to like your White Grass series.
Very fresh feel to it.
How large is the canvas Samos? =)

Elaynaxo
PS|White Grass.... kewl name....