Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My First Glaze Firing!



I'm home! YaY! I took a little leave of absence, but I'm back and working like crazy again. It feels good to get back into the swing of things. Only wish I could catch up on some z's. In due time though, right? Anyways, last night I glazed all my small pieces, loaded the kiln and started the very first glaze firing here at the new homestead. (Many many thank you's to my husband and our friend Mac who worked diligently to get the electricity up and running last weekend.)Thank you guys! I owe you BIG!


I decided to start with the smaller pieces and use them as guinea pigs. I'm using new glazes and a kiln that I've never used before. The kiln is my father-in-law's. It's a Paragon DTC 100. So far I am only using one shelf. Maybe if I learn how to make plates in the near future, I can stack more in there. But for now, one is good.




Tomorrow I'm going to Salida to visit my family and drop off some artwork to a new gallery. I was juried into an exhibit that opens next weekend until January 3nd. I'll be showing four pieces at Art Matters Gallery & Studio. If you're in the area, it's 142 West First Street in Salida.

No comments: