Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

a Cute pillow and an UgLy mug





I went to Salida today to suprise visit my parents. While we were out and about, we made it downtown to a new fabric shop that I've been wanting to go check out. It's called Fringe. They have fabric, supplies, yarn, buttons. And if that wasn't enough, they also have the coolest gift items. Anything from journals to luggage tags and books! Lots of books on sewing and knitting. AND they offer classes too! If I lived closer, I'd take one in a heart beat. (In my spare time of course.) Stop by and shop if your close by. http://www.fringefab.com/.
While we were there I bought some moda fabric with a refreshing print. I needed to make a couple new pillows for the spare room. (One is completed, the other is waiting for the insert.)The comforter has changed from brown to red and it needed a little contrast.

I had some pieces in the kiln that I pulled out tonight. One of them was a mug that I had reglazed. It was made in red clay and originally glazed with a white spotted glaze. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, so I decided to reglaze it. Apparently I had mixed the glazes up somehow and reglazed it with an orange spotted glaze. Now it's a real ugly mug, but so ugly that I actually like it.



No comments: