Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thankful for Freedom

A peek at what I've been working on the past couple days...

recycling clay

loaded kiln ready to be fired

bisque load that was pulled out of the kiln yesterday

Happy Friday Everyone! As we come to the end of the week and the beginning of a long weekend, I wanted to take this time to reflect on our upcoming holiday, Independance Day! The 4th of July is a time of celebration with family and friends to honor our country, our soldiers, and our freedom. Let this weekend be a reminder of all that we have in our lives and be grateful to those who have enabled us to live our lives the way we do.

Last night I went to Salida with a friend of mine, had a delicious spaghetti dinner with my family, and then went down to Riverside Park to enjoy the United States Air Force open air concert. It was a great time! The music was fantastic and it was extremely nice to see so many people gathered around to support the event. I would have to say my favorite part was when they played all the songs for every branch of service. They asked the audience to stand up when they heard their song so they could be honored. I loved it!

On another note, we are coming to an end with our ecourse with Kelly Rae. It was been a great flight, one that will impact me forever. I have already been inspired once again to tackle new ideas and projects. And I want to say thank you to Kelly and all my fellow flyers for such a wonderful learning experience! You will not be forgotten...

1 comment:

Jen @ By Jen ❤️ said...

Flying Lesson have been quite an inspiring ride. It'll be exciting to see how everyone's journeys continue.

Enjoy your 4th!