Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the potpourri of life


This is the last week of our ecourse with Kelly Rae and I'm feeling the mixed emotions you get when you are almost to the end of something you've waited a long time for. You know that feeling you had when you graduated high school or college? the anticipation to explore the world with the knowledge you acquired during that time, hoping it will get you to your next goal or destination. During this course I've thought back to when I first started my art business, KoiStudios. I had no idea what I was doing and had to figure out everything by trial and error. Building a website, which online galleries to join, social networking sites, etc, etc. And still learning everyday, although now I am much better at researching and connecting with other artists, trying to bypass some hardships. But that's how we learn, is by making mistakes. I know what I am capable of doing and when I have self doubt (which happens more than I'd like to admit) I think about all the accomplishments I've made in my life so far and what goals and dreams I have to look forward to.

I know that I have been wanting to make a drastic change in my website and have thought about changing the name of the business as well. Both are big steps for me and at times can be frustrating to even think about. But change is good. And with the priceless information that Kelly Rae has graciously shared with all her fellow flyers, I will be able to think logically about the steps I need to take to move my creative biz forward.



1 comment:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Such a well written post. I't's exatcly like that. Mixed feeling of adventure, anticipation and fear. :) Take your time with changes. They have to feel right before you do anything about them. It's different then being afraid.