Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Moving Forward


Yesterday David and I went to check out the 18th Annual Salida Art Walk. It was a lot of fun to see so many talented artists all in one place! Being a native of the area I always am amazed at how much that little town has grown into a beautiful little art mecca. I have had some frustrations lately about my lack of participation in the community since I've moved back two years ago. But after pondering my whys, I am so ready to jump back into the game. We stopped off at one of my favorite galleries, The Maverick Potter and chatted with Mark. One of my favorite pieces was of an installation piece he had made creating aspen trees out of clay and wire. Beautiful work Mark! I also was fond of two bronze ravens that were seen at Gallery 150. (I just tried ringing them to find out the artist's name, but they were closed.)


So, this morning I'm off to a great start. I have already thrown six cylinders which are part of my new piece that I've had in mind...My goal is to have ten made today, so this afternoon I'll throw six more. I think I'm getting my routine back! YaY!!! So excited.


....this is the last week of our flying lessons e-course with Kelly Rae. I'm sad to see it come to an end, but delighted to put all this new information to good use with my work and creative biz. We've learned so much in such a short amount of time. I am also looking forward to meeting more of my fellow flyers and keeping in touch across the globe. It's always so much fun for me to meet fellow artists. There is a connection among the creative community that is beyond words. I just love it!



No comments: