Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Unearthed Landing


Last night as I was reading my new book, I had ideas flowing in for new paintings. I started journaling again (thanks to Kelly!) and sketching out ideas. I was also thinking about yesterdays post in class and thinking about WHY we do what we do. I asked myself, WHY KoiStudios? What was I thinking? and here is what I came up with:

I know I have always had a fondness for fish, especially the koi. They remind me of my grandpa's fish pond and when I used to visit my grandparents as a child. The koi fish is so colorful and graceful in the way the live. So why koistudios? Why not? It's always been a part of my life since I was a child...

3 comments:

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

absolutely! why not! good job being true to YOU!

Harmony said...

I love it! its perfect to pick something from childhood that you still feel a connection with. I always experience a bit of that child-within when I start creating art. Its a beautiful symmetry of life.

(found you from Flying Lessons BTW) - lovely work! Keep it up! :)

feedyoursoulart.blogspot.com

Nic Hohn said...

Sounds beautiful...and because it has special meaning for you there is a heart connection....