Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Little Interruptions

Boy did last week fly by or what?! I had all the intentions in the world to have a new post up on Friday and all of a sudden its Monday! Happy Columbus Day!

You'll never guess what happened to me last night. I was on my way to Salida, and not even 15 miles from my house is an adorable little dog just sitting in the middle of the road. I stopped and she didn't move. I pulled over when I saw another car coming towards her. I made sure they saw her so she wouldn't get hit. Then they stopped, so I put my car in park and got out. She came running over to me with her tail wagging so fast! By then the other car left. I looked around to see if anyone was around. No one. So, I picked her up and on we went. I have since posted her on fidofinder.com, made some fliers and have called some local vets. The humane society opens at 10, so then I'll be giving them a ring too.

So with fostering a little girl on top of visiting family, I'm hoping to get a little work done tonight. Here are a couple things that came out of the kiln over the weekend.



Cappuccino Plate

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool, especially love the plate! I've always wanted to make pottery, looks fun.
♥Jenny

Mandy Saile said...

Oh it's so great that you picked up the pup, I hope you find her home or if not she finds her forever home with you:D I love it that your stopped and didn't just drive on like so many people would have, I am sending ya a hug for that:D

Thanks agains for entering my giveaway and for posting about it on your blog and putting my little button up, those things mean so much...hugs for that also, ha ha.

Hope your having a cozy day in your studio today (I finally turned the heat on! my fingers were popsicles).

P.S. the new piece, espeacially the vase are great, it must be so exciting to pull stuff out of the kiln. Can't wait to see what your up to next.

Be well, XO, Mandy.

Debbie said...

Wow love the pottery, one of my favorites so far.

Great puppy story, hope your able to find her a good home.

debbie