Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A New Look and A New Show


I'm getting back into the swing of things. I feel like I've been climbing out of a hole the past few weeks and finally see the light. First of all I have a new website! It is under a new domain for the time being, but I'm working on getting my old one transferred. Once that happens, then the link will be the same with just a very new and fresh look.

Awhile back I had mentioned that I was struggling with the idea of letting my KoiStudios name go and just go by my given name. But when it came time to work on my website, I found a template that had two koi fish swimming in a circle. Now this is super special to me because 1. I have a tattoo that is almost identical and 2. it's the name of my studio! So as you can imagine, I was so happy and decided to keep the name KoiStudios.

I referred back to my Flying Lessons ecourse notes for websites and decided to go with Squarespace. It is real user friendly and I'll find out soon how the tech support is when I make the domain transfer.

bisque ware


Here's what I have been putting off. Glazing. For some reason I cannot find the motivation to glaze. I love seeing how they come out of the kiln, but deciding what to put on the bisque pieces is another story.

more bisque ware

This afternoon I took Night and Day (a large bronze) to the 11th Annual Artful Women's Show in Canon City. It's an annual fundraiser for the scholarship fund held by the Zonta Club of the Royal Gorge. Friday is the opening and I'm excited to see the show! Oh, another cool thing that happened was that my favorite number (27) was the # put on the bottom of my piece for the juror. You could imagine how big my smile was when I saw that!

Night and Day

2 comments:

Carrie Schmitt said...

This piece is stunning. I don't think I've ever seen your sculpture before. I need to explore further on your new site (congrats!) I would definitely buy this if it was available and I could afford it. Let me know if you have other things like this is the future, okay! :)

Stephanie Amos said...

Thanks Carrie! Sculpture is actually one of my very favorite mediums. I love the process! I will definitely keep you posted of new pieces. =) Thank you for stopping by...I'm off to see what you've been up to now.
xx
samos