Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

ready to paint



ready for paint

I have a couple shows in the works. One is at my favorite restaurant in Salida, The Fritz. I'm working to have a few new works done for an exhibit this spring. Another is at Regis University in Colorado Springs. My work will be displayed on a monthly rotation and the talk of a more formal showing is being discussed. With all this talk of exhibiting, I've been anxious to break out the paints! Lately when I paint big, I've been working on masonite. I love the smooth texture and how versatile it is when sizing it for a particular piece. My sweet man made me one today. Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like before gessoed:

the front without gesso


what the corners look like

 
So what have you been working on? I'd love to hear about it! 

No comments: