Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bragging About Art: Question #3


It's been a busy week! Here goes question and answer #3.

3. How did you end up becoming an artist? (a frequent topic of conversation)

To be very honest with myself and whoever is going to read this, I would have to say that the thought of becoming an artist came at a very young age. I remember looking up at a sunset one evening and thinking about how I would like to be a cloud painter. Since God has that job covered, I aspired to the next best thing...becoming an artist.

There have been several times in my life where I was too busy to create art. I was either working on a boat in Alaska or traveling here and there. But I never stopped longing for the time when I could be at home, working in my studio, day in and day out. I have been truly blessed to have the love and support of my husband who stands by me.

...I have been an artist my entire life. It is who I am and what I do.

No comments: