Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

happy friday from the cool gang


If only they knew what I was really doing with their pictures...don't we have the coolest dogs ever? I just love them so much! Somedays Lexi and I like to play dress up, but she's thankful that I was in the mood to play digitally today.

venezia (c) samos 2010

Here is a new mixed media painting that I finished this morning. Venezia is part of the travel series I'm workin on. I took one of my old photographs of some gondolas, did a photo transfer, painted, stamped and collaged the canvas. It didn't quite turn out the way I had envisioned, but I guess I could always do another one. I have plenty of pictures to work with. Although I believe Amsterdam will be next. I've been thinking about that one for awhile and have the image picked out already. Do you have pictures of your travels that you'd like as a keepsake on canvas? I'd love to paint one for you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of the dogs,and I love the gondolas.;)

Kelly said...

The doggies sure are cute and I love the photo transfer. Looks great! Sorry to hear that it turned out differently than you expected, but sometimes that is the fun of it, no??
~Kelly

Marcie said...

What a wonderful idea to take pix from your travels and transform them into something else. Love it!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love the Venezia painting and your puches are adorable! :)