Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Perfect Christmas Tree



David and I went hunting for a Christmas tree with my dad up Bear Creek this weekend. I haven't been up there since I was a little girl! It is so beautiful. Anyways, the weather was perfect, sunny and calm. We went traipsing through the woods, each tree looking better than the next. I wanted a smaller tree than we normally get since our living room seems to be getting crowded with furniture and our new stove. David found the perfect tree! And of course the one my dad picked was a beauty too. It was a lot of fun, even crossing over the beaver dam.



The ornament exchange has come to an end, but not without the joy of collecting ten new ornaments! I made three different ornaments: a Xmas tree, a joy bell, and a heart snowflake. I sent one to each person on the list. In return, women from all over sent me beautiful, handmade ornaments that now have a home on our gorgeous little Christmas tree.
I just LOVE it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just l O v E the simplicity of your most beautiful tree! Enjoy the season creative friend!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I am so happy that you joined us for the ornament exchange!! Your ornaments are so cute! It was way fun to go to the mail box everyday to find a new treasure! Hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas!

Diana said...

I loved your sweet snowflake ornament you gave me. It looks so sweet on our little tree. It was so fun doing the exchange. I've always loved your work...Merry Christmas!

Stephanie Amos said...

Thank you Valerie! Have a very blessed and merry Christmas!

Jennifer, I can't thank you enough for putting together the ornament exchange. I had so much fun making the ornaments and receiving little pieces of art from all over. Yours included! I just loved it! Have a Merry Christmas!

Diana, I loved your little bird! Thank you so much! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Longstringer said...

That is quite possibly the greatest Christmas ever. And I love spending quality time with you. I love you.

Stephanie Amos said...

I love you sweetheart! You make everyday the greatest!!! xxoo

Longstringer said...

I like this tree,no this tree,no this tree,no this tree, oooh here's a better one, no this one is better, no this one,no this one,.......wheres the truck? good thing it snowed, we can follow the tracks back, hey theres a good tree....
;)