Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Support the Arts


Ever type a long email to a friend or just finish typing up a paper to have your computer wig out and lose it all? Well, that just happened. I had written a long informative, clever blog post, and poof! GONE. Needless to say, I've lost my ambition to try and think of every word I just wrote down and rewrite the same thing...but I can try and summarize it.

I was talking about films, movies, good flicks. How as an artist, I'm pretty frugal with my money and don't shell out a lot to support anyone else's  artistic endeavors. I try to collect the occasional print or photograph from artist friends, but I've never supported a cause such as the making of a film.

Where are you going with this? you may ask. Patience, my friend. Remember, I've already told you once and you didn't get it, so I'm trying to recap to the best of my knowledge. *smile*

The other day I saw a video by a young film maker, Adam Baker. He and his crew are making a documentary about complacency called I'm Fine, Thanks.

com·pla·cen·cy  n. 1. a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some potential danger, defect, or the like; self-satisfaction or smug satisfaction with an existing situation, condition, etc. 2. Archaic . a. friendly civility; inclination to please; complaisance. b. a civil act. 1. A feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, especially when coupled with an unawareness of danger, trouble, or controversy.
 
 
 
After watching this four minute video, I wanted to see more. So I contributed a little cash to help these 5 film makers out. Here's the thing, it's in the making and Adam is asking for monetary support through Kickstarter, a funding platform for creative projects. They have 10 days to reach their goal. I encourage you to check it out and if you feel the same way I did, contribute to an artistic cause and

SUPPORT the ARTS!

To see more about I'm Fine, Thanks click HERE.

No comments: