Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

101010 Project: Nolwenn Petitbois



Business Name : Inner Worlds
Years in business : 2

  I am a self-taught Mixed Media artist.
Dreamer. Lover. Passionate. Gratitude Warrior. Bookaholic. Cook. Art Journaler...

I would never have thought that painting and creativity would be in my daily life and even less my business until not so long ago. I believe that nothing happens by coincidence and so that I do have powerful messages to share through what I create. I am a Mixed Media artist because my heart and soul need to play and discover all the time and Mixed Media allows me to mix and match techniques and materials.

My artwork usually represents strong whimsical women (that I called «Nixies») who have a positive message to deliver to the world, to you. I believe in the important power of Positive Affirmations and of Gratitude, that both guide me in my creative process. I am a life-long learner, and love to unravel new ways to make my path lighter and stronger. Healing is a huge part of my life path, I am now also a Practical Reiki Master and noticed how it shifted the way it affects my creativity and the entire process of it.

I am also an art journaler and is currently a teacher in the art journaling collaborative playground 21 Secrets that opened its doors in April 2012.

 
Collaborations: a good idea ?

I have never done a collaborative piece of art yet. But it is something that crosses my mind from time to time when I see amazing artwork by other artists that decided to jump and collaborate with someone else.

However, I have created collaborative art journals via Round Robins and got mixed emotions with it. Some pages got lost, some entire journals were never received… I guess this is something that can happen unfortunately. Over all, it was a nice thing to receive pages from different people from all over the World, in styles sometimes far from mine which is very interesting eventually.

Collaboration can be scary if you don’t know the other artist well, if you don’t have the same view of what the final piece should be. BUT it is also something very exciting. Knowing that another artist will add his/her own personal touch and then release it to the world with you.

And I think it is a good idea as it offers the possibility of receiving more exposure thanks to the artist-s you do it with. It can bring new customers that may not have known about you otherwise.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Love the honest way you look at it - cautiously, but open. You have me looking at it another way, and I think that is what I love most about this 101010 Project . . . seeing things from all angles!

Nolwenn said...

Leanne, I think that the key is to find the right creative soul to collaborate with.
I see some collaborations working amazingly (like Liz Lamoreux and Kelly Barton jewelry for example) :)

Kelly Warren said...

yes, I agree that looking at collaborations cautiously is good. I did participate in the Happy Book project with Jamie Ridler and had a similar experience of the book taking forever to arrive to me, then doing my part and sending it on to the next person, only to receive it back from that person a couple months later with a note "i have no idea what I'm supposed to do with this." At that point I just sent it back to Jamie. I'd say collaborating with people you at least somewhat know, even if only online, is probably more successful than being put into a group of people who don't know each other.