Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

101010 Project: Robin Norgren


I just wanted to say that the 101010 Project has been so much fun! I am very grateful to Robin who is the creator and all of the creative souls that have participated in this first round of the project. And now I would like to introduce to you, my friend Robin Norgren...


Robin Norgren
Name of business: Robin Norgren Studios
Social media links:
Years in business: 4 years

I strive to live life to the fullest. No matter what. I have grown into myself through my love for Jesus and HIS LOVE FOR ME. Art, motherhood, business, creativity and yoga are the cherished vehicles for this deepening. Life can be FULL, JUICY, MEANINGFUL, PURPOSE FILLED, LOVELY. I want to help you come to your fullest life. I create workbooks, ecourses and workshops that chronicle my change and growth and offer you ways to find out what YOUR FULLEST life will be.
Collaborations: a good idea?
In 2011, it seemed that everything I was creating was a collaborative effort. I lived outside of the United States for the majority of 2010. So when I arrived home I found myself saying YES TO ANYTHING my friends were working on in an effort to reconnect.
I created and executed a preschool program for a small start up church. I co-facilitated a support group for women called “Mending the Soul.” I illustrated my first children’s book with a friend. None of them went well. In fact, these friendships still feel strained to this day (I actually wrote a 4 week course on collaboration as a result of this experience!).
You have heard it said that it is best NOT TO work with friends. And for a while after these experiences I would have said AMEN to that. But today I think that I would try again but I would take what I have learned from those past collaborations and walk into future ones more wisely.
Here is what I know:
-the power structure of the collaboration must be firmly established. None of the tasks can be ambiguously left for someone to organically decide who is responsible for them.
-if monetary investments are involved, KNOW that the one with the money holds the power; it is no longer collaboration.
-decide IN ADVANCE whose ass is on the line is something doesn’t get done. Taking ownership and responsibly ESPECIALLY for the main parts of the project are MANDATORY
-DECIDE UP FRONT what the non-negotiables are for the project for each party involved and THEN DECIDE if it is a good idea to go forward.
With four keys fleshed out beforehand, I think that even friends can work together with minimal strain on the relationship.
Robin Norgren is currently completing her life coaching certification and would LOVEto offer you a FREE 15 minute mini session – sign up for her mailing list here:http://www.robinnorgrenstudios.blogspot.com/p/life-coaching.html


--
Robin Norgren
Spark and Inspire
Well of Creations
My Creative Peace

To read more about the 101010 Project, click HERE

No comments: