Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

a BIG night

Chris agreed to this, really


This past Friday was pretty exciting for me. My husband and I went to a book signing of Chris Guillebeau, the author of the Instant National Bestseller The $100 Startup and The Art of Non-Conformity. He gave a great talk about his book, answered questions and signed books. I've never been to a book signing before, but then, I've never been so excited about a book I've read before either!
And that wasn't the only cool event of the evening. I met Alyson B. Stanfield, the ArtBiz Coach! She also has a great book out, I'd Rather Be In the Studio. She was sitting right in front of me! I recognized her since I've been a fan for several years now, but I've never met her in person. I was out of my element that night since I was hyped about the book signing and introduced myself. (I probably wouldn't have done this in any normal circumstance.) She was super nice! It is really cool to actually speak to someone you've followed through social media, newsletters, workshops, etc.

*****************************************************

Have you stopped by instep2souls.com, my newest project?
 In case you missed last Friday's post, here's a recap:

 instep2souls is a photography project where I am asking ANYONE that takes pictures of their feet or shoes (with their cell phone) to JOIN me in a collaboration of images from all over the world. I want to curate a traveling photography show with the images that people have sent me. I'm sure there are a lot of people that are put off by this because they are grossed out by feet, but...I find that everyone has a story to tell and I would like to hear their story and then share it with others. And what better way than to pay tribute to our feet since that is how most of us get around in life. I welcome all photos (within good taste of course) to be a part of this project. For more information, click HERE.

No comments: